Cristiano Ronaldo Transfer: Cristiano Ronaldo RUBBISHES reports claiming the move to Saudi Arabian outfit Al Nassr – Check Out
Cristiano Ronaldo Transfer: Ronaldo to Al Nassr: Cristiano Ronaldo has spoken out against claims tying him to a move to Saudi Arabian.
Cristiano Ronaldo Transfer: Ronaldo to Al Nassr: Cristiano Ronaldo has spoken out against claims tying him to a move to Saudi Arabian club Al Nassr, claiming that they are ‘not true.’ The 37-year-old quit Manchester United last month after his strained relationship with club executives deteriorated after he made a series of contentious statements in a TV interview with Piers Morgan.
Cristiano Ronaldo has dismissed speculations that he will join Saudi Arabia club Al Nassr following the FIFA World Cup match against Switzerland. The allegations tying Ronaldo to Al Nassr follow Manchester United’s terminating his contract. This was after his fiery interview with Piers Morgan in which he insulted manager Erik ten Hag and the club’s owners.
‘No, that’s not true – not true,’ Cristiano Ronaldo told reporters after the game.
It was stated that the out-of-contract star was on the verge of accepting a massive deal with Al Nassr. The deal would have seen the five-time Ballon d’Or winner earn close to €200 million (£173 million) every season. According to MARCA, Ronaldo, who is now a free agent, is poised to sign a contract with the Middle Eastern club at the beginning of next month. As reported by the magazine, the first deal was valued at close to €100 million (£86 million). However, it would have been boosted by other agreements such as advertising and sponsorship deals.
However, sources close to Ronaldo said on Monday that claims of a completed deal were ‘nonsense.’ During the World Cup, the forward made no statements about his future, but it now appears that he will not be moving to Saudi Arabia. Ronaldo stated in the unprecedented aforementioned interview with Morgan that rumors of a €350 million offer were real. Some unknown Saudi Arabian club has been offering him a deal for two and a half years. However, it was claimed that the offer has been rebuffed by him.